Technical Account Manager
Obsidian Security was founded in 2017 to solve the unaddressed blindspot of SaaS Security. SaaS applications provide the tools employees need to succeed and hold the business’ most critical information. If those tools become unavailable or that data is jeopardized, there is a detrimental impact on the organization.
Obsidian proudly offers the industry's most comprehensive and powerful SaaS defense solution. We are committed to solving the challenge of SaaS Security for our customers as efficiently and effectively as possible.
We’re a passionate team optimizing for impact by solving some of the biggest challenges in cybersecurity today. We listen closely to our customers, iterate quickly, and (over) deliver to delight them. Working at Obsidian means contributing to an industry-leading cybersecurity product in an environment where customer satisfaction, privacy, and data ethics are paramount.
About the Team:
We are hiring a proactive Technical Account Manager (TAM) professional to join our Customer Success team. If you're excited to be part of a winning team of a SaaS security start-up, Obsidian Security is a great place to make an impact.
A TAM is responsible for actively driving customer value within the Obsidian platform. The role is to technically advise on the usage of Obsidian solutions and be a subject matter expert on SaaS security challenges and best-practices. The TAM's responsibility is to partner with customers in a technical and educational capacity throughout the life of the customer partnership. The TAM is also the voice of the customer within Obsidian, providing important feedback to product management and engineering. The ideal candidate is driven, collaborative, and knowledgeable, has worked in a cybersecurity role and is excited about the opportunity to work in a SaaS security start-up.
About the Role:
- Deliver the highest level of customer experience and technical assistance to customers and partners. Manage simultaneous customer requests, inquiries and issues of varying complexity and priority.
- Take ownership of driving complex scenarios and issues, working with appropriate stakeholders in engineering, product management and sales to deliver successful outcomes.
- Work closely with our customers to make sure they are enabled/on-boarded successfully, fully understand how to use the platform, and can successfully integrate it into their day-to-day workflows.
- Drive towards improving customer understanding and usage of the Obsidian platform. This includes understanding common issues to build and improve in-product documentation and guides, as well as deliver live or recorded product training for new customers or partners.
- Identify, communicate, and deliver on opportunities to improve Obsidian’s ability to support and enable our customers to be successful, including new processes, tools, or product prototypes.
- Create and deliver Account Health checks and Quarterly Business Review
- A strong blend of communication abilities and technical skills to be the field-facing technical ambassador for Obsidian
- Experience building and managing strong customer relationships
- Experience with cybersecurity, especially Cloud and SaaS security concerns
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple requests while delivering results
- Experience administering and configuring SaaS applications (such as Google Workplace / GSuite, O365, Okta, Duo, etc)
- Experience interacting with APIs, integrations, and middleware
- An understanding of common web authentication methods (such as tokens, OAuth, SAML, etc.)
- Versed in software engineering (Python) is a definite plus
- Experience with cybersecurity solution stacks
- Experience in incident response, threat triage, log analysis, and data correlation is a strong plus.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to meet with customers, not expected to exceed 5%
Our competitive benefits packages are designed to support our employees' well-being, both at work and at home.
- Competitive compensation with equity and 401k
- Comprehensive healthcare with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible paid time off and paid holiday time off
- 12 weeks of new parent or family leave
- Personal and professional development resources
- Base Pay Range: $120k - $185k per year
Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also eligible for equity awards [and incentive compensation] based on factors such as experience, skills, and location.
At Obsidian, we are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and hire for talent, passion, and compassion. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization.