Security Engineer - Threat Detection
Obsidian Security was founded in 2017 to solve the unaddressed blindspot of SaaS Security. SaaS applications provide the tools employees need to succeed and hold the business’ most critical information. If those tools become unavailable or that data is jeopardized, there is a detrimental impact on the organization.
Obsidian proudly offers the industry's most comprehensive and powerful SaaS defense solution. We are committed to solving the challenge of SaaS Security for our customers as efficiently and effectively as possible.
We’re a passionate team optimizing for impact by solving some of the biggest challenges in cybersecurity today. We listen closely to our customers, iterate quickly, and (over) deliver to delight them. Working at Obsidian means contributing to an industry-leading cybersecurity product in an environment where customer satisfaction, privacy, and data ethics are paramount.
About the Team:
We are hiring a talented security engineer to join us. As a security engineer, you will analyze and research ongoing threats and emerging risks in modern SaaS platforms, and work as a subject matter expert in collaboration with engineering teams to build features to secure customers' SaaS environments. You are expected to work innovatively and are fully empowered to drive positive change across teams to make an impact in improving overall SaaS security.
About the Role:
- Perform threat modeling, design and build effective threat detection rules and models to help customers shorten the mean time to respond
- Research and build threat intelligence capability to enhance the product offering
- Drive positive product outcomes through cross-functional collaboration with other functional teams, across engineering, product, marketing etc.
- Conduct threat-hunting operations in complicated SaaS environments and drive product innovation in threat detection
- Perform advanced security research in SaaS applications to identify security risks, and build product capabilities to proactively address those risks
- Passionate in cybersecurity
- Hands-on experience in coding and scripting with Python, SQL, elastic search, or similar tech stacks
- Experience in analyzing the security of systems in one or more domains (pen testing, Web Application security testing, vulnerability research, threat modeling, etc.)
- Experience in threat hunting and detection engineering
- Experience in offensive security like red-team
- Experience in leading analysis of large datasets for threat-detection
- Experience in SaaS security or cloud security
- Experience applying machine learning models in threat detection problem space
Our competitive benefits packages are designed to support our employees' well-being, both at work and at home.
- Competitive compensation with equity and 401k
- Comprehensive healthcare with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible paid time off and paid holiday time off
- 12 weeks of new parent or family leave
- Personal and professional development resources
- Base Pay Range: $150k - $220k per year
Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also eligible for equity awards [and incentive compensation] based on factors such as experience, skills, and location.
At Obsidian, we are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and hire for talent, passion, and compassion. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization.