Posture Principal Engineer
Obsidian Security was founded in 2017 to solve the unaddressed blindspot of SaaS Security. SaaS applications provide the tools employees need to succeed and hold the business’ most critical information. If those tools become unavailable or that data is jeopardized, there is a detrimental impact on the organization.
Obsidian proudly offers the industry's most comprehensive and powerful SaaS defense solution. We are committed to solving the challenge of SaaS Security for our customers as efficiently and effectively as possible.
We’re a passionate team optimizing for impact by solving some of the biggest challenges in cybersecurity today. We listen closely to our customers, iterate quickly, and (over) deliver to delight them. Working at Obsidian means contributing to an industry-leading cybersecurity product in an environment where customer satisfaction, privacy, and data ethics are paramount.
About the Team:
You will be working in the SaaS security posture team. You will work closely with your peers, security researchers and product managers to develop state-of-the-art tools and capabilities to help companies manage their SaaS posture risk. You will be a key member of a small high-functioning team that has changed the shape of Obsidian.
About the Role:
- Collaborate with the product, customers and other engineers to build next-generation capabilities
- Engineer and optimize data storage solutions using databases such as postgres, duckdb and Databricks Delta
- Expand and enhance our analytic framework built on technologies such as dagster and dbt
- Develop, improve and optimize our API server
- Integrate new services and platforms into our existing infrastructure.
- Write high-performance, reusable, and modular code using a range of programming languages and technologies.
Our competitive benefits packages are designed to support our employees' well-being, both at work and at home.
- Competitive compensation with equity and 401k
- Comprehensive healthcare with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible paid time off and paid holiday time off
- 12 weeks of new parent or family leave
- Personal and professional development resources
- Base Pay Range: $160k - $220k per year
Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also eligible for equity awards [and incentive compensation] based on factors such as experience, skills, and location.
At Obsidian, we are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and hire for talent, passion, and compassion. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization.