Senior Sales Engineer - DACH
Obsidian Security was founded in 2017 to solve the unaddressed blindspot of SaaS Security. SaaS applications provide the tools employees need to succeed and hold the business’ most critical information. If those tools become unavailable or that data is jeopardized, there is a detrimental impact on the organization.
Obsidian proudly offers the industry's most comprehensive and powerful SaaS defense solution. We are committed to solving the challenge of SaaS Security for our customers as efficiently and effectively as possible.
We’re a passionate team optimizing for impact by solving some of the biggest challenges in cybersecurity today. We listen closely to our customers, iterate quickly, and (over) deliver to delight them. Working at Obsidian means contributing to an industry-leading cybersecurity product in an environment where customer satisfaction, privacy, and data ethics are paramount.
About the Team:
A Senior Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technical evaluation stage of the sales process. She/he works with the sales team to technically advise on the sales of Obsidian solutions and is a subject matter expert on SaaS security challenges and solutions. It is a sales engineer's responsibility to partner with prospects in a technical and educational capacity throughout the sales cycle and be the advocate for the customer back to product management and engineering.
The ideal candidate is aggressive, collaborative, and knowledgeable, has worked in an offensive or defensive cybersecurity role.
About the Role:
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining Obsidian solutions to prospective and existing customers.
- Partner internally and externally to assess security needs and to determine requirements and alignment of Obsidian solutions to prospect pain points.
- Conduct solution proof-of-value engagements to obtain technical wins.
- Conduct field reconnaissance to provide feedback and insights to product management and engineering.
As a sales engineer, you are versed in technology, security, and sales. You build demand for Obsidian solutions, answer questions and showcase features, and you guide your customers to a full understanding of our value proposition. You study the market for competitors and are passionate in seeking out new pain points that Obsidian can address.
- A strong blend of communication abilities and technical skills to be the field-facing technical ambassador for Obsidian
- Expert-level knowledge of cybersecurity, especially Cloud and SaaS security concerns
- Experience interacting with APIs, integrations, and middle-ware
- Competitive and market intelligence reconnaissance abilities
- Understanding of routes to market and ability to represent Obsidian with a wide variety of partnerships
- Experience with cybersecurity solution stacks and how Obsidian is complementary or competitive
- Presentation skills for crafting and delivering thought-leadership presentations at security conferences and webinars
- Willingness to travel depending on customer opportunities and role
Our competitive benefits packages are designed to support our employees' well-being, both at work and at home.
- Competitive compensation with equity and 401k
- Comprehensive healthcare with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible paid time off and paid holiday time off
- 12 weeks of new parent or family leave
- Personal and professional development resources
At Obsidian, we are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and hire for talent, passion, and compassion. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization.