Principal Software Engineer
Obsidian Security was founded in 2017 to solve the unaddressed blindspot of SaaS Security. SaaS applications provide the tools employees need to succeed and hold the business’ most critical information. If those tools become unavailable or that data is jeopardized, there is a detrimental impact on the organization.
Obsidian proudly offers the industry's most comprehensive and powerful SaaS defense solution. We are committed to solving the challenge of SaaS Security for our customers as efficiently and effectively as possible.
We’re a passionate team optimizing for impact by solving some of the biggest challenges in cybersecurity today. We listen closely to our customers, iterate quickly, and (over) deliver to delight them. Working at Obsidian means contributing to an industry-leading cybersecurity product in an environment where customer satisfaction, privacy, and data ethics are paramount.
About the Team:
We are seeking a dynamic engineering leader to lead the design and implementation of Obsidian’s next-generation data system. This role is crucial in supporting our business's exponential growth, and we're looking for a leader who can inspire, mentor, and guide our team to achieve technological excellence.
About the Role:
- Work closely with the engineering team to design, develop, and roll out Obsidian’s next-generation data system, with particular focus on stateful stream processing.
- Engage with stakeholders to gather requirements and ensure the data platform aligns with business needs.
- Drive the technical vision and strategy for the data platform, ensuring scalability and performance.
- Mentor and grow the engineering team, fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Liaise with other departments, ensuring that the engineering team is well aligned with the company's objectives and goals.
- Proven track record of engineering leadership.
- Extensive experience with stateful stream processing engine like Spark Structured Streaming, Flink, etc.
- Strong implementation skills.
- Extensive experience with Petabyte scale real-time OLAP systems.
- Proficiency with data engines such as ClickHouse, Apache Doris, Apache Druid, etc
- Knowledge of Kubernetes in a multi-cloud environment (AWS and GCP)
- Experience with multi-tenant Enterprise SaaS products.
Our competitive benefits packages are designed to support our employees' well-being, both at work and at home.
- Competitive compensation with equity and 401k
- Comprehensive healthcare with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible paid time off and paid holiday time off
- 12 weeks of new parent or family leave
- Personal and professional development resources
- Base Pay Range: $180k - $280k per year
Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also eligible for equity awards [and incentive compensation] based on factors such as experience, skills, and location.
At Obsidian, we are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and hire for talent, passion, and compassion. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization.